Definition of damascene
(Entry 1 of 3)
1 capitalized : a native or inhabitant of Damascus
2 : the characteristic markings of Damascus steel
Definition of damascene (Entry 2 of 3)
Definition of damascene (Entry 3 of 3)
: to ornament (something, such as iron or steel) with wavy patterns like those of watered silk or with inlaid work of precious metals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game