Examples of dabbler in a Sentence
he was a dabbler, learning the basics of many arts but mastering none
Recent Examples of dabbler from the Web
Luckily Facebook is out there on the cutting edge, posting puzzles to encourage dabblers in the burgeoning field of computational erotics.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'dabbler.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use of dabbler
Synonym Discussion of dabbler
- a painting obviously done by an amateur
- remained an amateur despite lucrative offers
- had no patience for dilettantes
- a dabbler who started novels but never finished them
- shows talent but is still a mere tyro
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up dabbler? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).