cul·tur·ol·o·gy | \ -jē\
Definition of culturology
: the science of culture specifically : a methodology especially associated with the American anthropologist Leslie A. White that treats culture as a self-contained self-determined process and regards cultural traits (as technologies, ideologies, and institutions) as the products of antecedent and concomitant cultural elements and as developing independently of other data (as climatic environment, human physical type, or human wishes and purposes)
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game