Definition of cross-dye
(Entry 1 of 3)
: to dye by the process of cross-dyeing
Definition of cross-dye (Entry 2 of 3)
1 : the dye used in cross-dyeing
2 : a fabric that has been cross-dyed
Definition of cross-dye (Entry 3 of 3)
: treated by or resulting from cross-dyeing cross-dye rayon cross-dye effects
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game