Definition of crambe
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to play crambo
Cram·be | \ ˈkrambē\
Definition of Crambe (Entry 2 of 2)
2 crambe plural crambes or crambe : any herb of the genus Crambe especially : one (Crambe abyssinica) native to the Mediterranean region and cultivated as an oilseed crop Researchers at the University of North Dakota are studying how to make diesel out of the oilseed crop crambe. — Bismarck (North Dakota) Tribune, 24 Jan. 2009 Crambe is a drought-tolerant oilseed crop with viability throughout western North Dakota. The crop typically costs less to plant, fertilize and grow. — Catherine Dominguez, San Antonio Business Journal, 29 Jan. 2009
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game