variants: or counter-countermeasure or counter-counter-measure
plural countercountermeasures or counter-countermeasures or counter-counter-measures
Definition of countercountermeasure
: an action or device designed to negate or offset a countermeasure especially : a military system or device intended to block a sensing mechanism (such as a radar detector) that was intended to counteract another sensing mechanism (such as radar) They have made a massive investment in electronic counter-countermeasures, as well as lethal and non-lethal countermeasures. — Deborah M. Kyle et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game