variants: or counter-aggression
plural counteraggressions or counter-aggressions
Definition of counteraggression
: an act of aggression (such as an attack) that is undertaken in response to another's aggression … the limited importance of deterrence could partially explain why revenge is more effective in triggering counteraggressions and feuds than in avoiding them.— Francesa Giardini and Rosaria Conte also : the practice of undertaking such acts Violence, especially political violence, is usually a pattern of aggression and counteraggression that has a history and which stretches back deep into time. — Simon Critchley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?