cos·tate | \ ˈkäˌstāt, -stə̇t\
Definition of costate
: having ribs: such as
a : having one or more longitudinal ribs or nerves a costate leaf
b : having ridges on the surface a costate shell
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game