Definition of cordovan
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 capitalized : of or relating to Córdoba and especially Córdoba, Spain
2 : made of cordovan leather
Definition of cordovan (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a soft fine-grained colored leather
2 : dense nonporous leather tanned from the inner layer of horsehide
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game