Cordova Islandgeographical name
Definition of Cordova Island
385-acre (156-hectare) tract of land within the city of El Paso on the northern bank of the Rio Grande adjoining Chamizal
Note: All of the tract of land known by the name Cordova Island formerly belonged entirely to Mexico, but 193 acres (78 hectares) of it were ceded to the U.S. in 1963.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game