Definition of convergent
1 : tending to move toward one point or to approach each other : converging convergent lines a tropical cyclone characterized by convergent airflow
3a of an improper integral : having a value that is a real number
b : characterized by having the nth term or the sum of the first n terms approach a finite limit a convergent sequence a convergent series
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game