Definition of concussed
: suffering the effects of a hard blow to the head : affected with a concussion Despite the recent effort to improve recognition of a concussed player and remove him from the game, the diagnosis might be missed after a fight.— Michael J. Stuart et al. "And that complete cow Pansy Parkinson," said Hermione viciously. "How she got to be a prefect when she's thicker than a concussed troll …"— J. K. Rowling Did it seem like the action of a dazed, concussed man, no longer master of his thoughts, to select those things, pack a bag, conceal the hospital clothes, and walk out of here?— Brian Moore
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game