come togetherphrasal verb
came together; come together; coming together; comes together
Definition of come together
1 : to join or meet the place where two rivers come together
2 : to form a group People from many different areas have come together to try to find a solution.
3 : to begin to work or proceed in the desired way The project started slowly, but everything is finally starting to come together now.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game