come to an endidiom
Definition of come to an end
: to reach an end The work has finally come to an end. After three weeks the strike finally came to an end. Summer always seems to come to an end much too quickly. The curtain fell as the play came to an end.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game