come to an endidiom
Definition of come to an end
: to reach an end The work has finally come to an end. After three weeks the strike finally came to an end. Summer always seems to come to an end much too quickly. The curtain fell as the play came to an end.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game