come into floweridiom
Definition of come into flower
: to begin to produce flowers : to bloom The tree came into flower early this year. —sometimes used figuratively to indicate something is developing His interest in history came into flower while he was just a boy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?