: a result or product of combining
: an alliance of individuals, corporations, or states united to achieve a social, political, or economic end
- Water is a combination of hydrogen and oxygen.
: two or more persons working as a team
- Together they are a winning combination.
: an ordered sequence: such as
: a sequence of letters or numbers chosen in setting a lock
: the mechanism operating or moved by the sequence
- What is the combination to the safe?
: a rapid sequence of punches in boxing
: any subset of a set considered without regard to order within the subset
: any of various one-piece undergarments for the upper and lower parts of the body
—usually used in plural
- wore combinations in the winter to keep warm
: an instrument designed to perform two or more tasks
- The tool is a jackknife and bottle opener combination.
: the act or process of combining;
: that of uniting to form a chemical compound
- The combination of these two chemicals can cause an explosion.
: the quality or state of being combined