:a result or product of combining
:an alliance of individuals, corporations, or states united to achieve a social, political, or economic end
- Water is a combination of hydrogen and oxygen.
:two or more persons working as a team
- Together they are a winning combination.
:an ordered sequence: such as
:a sequence of letters or numbers chosen in setting a lock
:the mechanism operating or moved by the sequence
- What is the combination to the safe?
:a rapid sequence of punches in boxing
:any subset of a set considered without regard to order within the subset
:any of various one-piece undergarments for the upper and lower parts of the body
—usually used in plural
- wore combinations in the winter to keep warm
:an instrument designed to perform two or more tasks
- The tool is a jackknife and bottle opener combination.
:the act or process of combining;
:that of uniting to form a chemical compound
- The combination of these two chemicals can cause an explosion.
:the quality or state of being combined