variants: or co-finance
cofinanced or co-financed; cofinancing or co-financing
Definition of cofinance
: to join one or more others in providing money or funds for (something) : to finance (something) jointly Local businesses are cofinancing the festival. Last month, the studio announced that two Chinese media companies … had agreed to co-finance the studio's movies for the next three years.— Diane Haithman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game