Definition of club wheat
: a wheat (Triticum aestivum compactum synonym T. compactum) or any of its varieties used either as spring wheat or winter wheat and having short thick compact club-shaped spikes and grain that does not shatter and that may be harvested long after it is ripe
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game