close to the edgeidiom
variants: or on the edge
Definition of close to the edge
: dealing with dangerous situations and taking many risks He likes to live (life) on the edge. The high-wire walker lives close to the edge.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game