\ ˈklōs-, ˈklōz-\
Definition of close reef
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of close-reef (Entry 2 of 2)
: to reduce the area of (a sail) as much as possible
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game