chinch·weed | \ ˈchinchˌwēd\
Definition of chinchweed
: a slender or wiry glandular-dotted strongly-scented herb (Pectis papposa) of the family Compositae having narrow opposite leaves and flower heads with yellow rays
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game