chalk·er | \ ˈchȯkə(r) \
Definition of chalker
1 : a worker who applies liquid chalk or wax to shoe parts to prevent their sticking during the lasting process
2 : a worker who sprinkles chalk over the surface of white leather to improve its appearance
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game