chalk·er | \ ˈchȯkə(r)\
Definition of chalker
1 : a worker who applies liquid chalk or wax to shoe parts to prevent their sticking during the lasting process
2 : a worker who sprinkles chalk over the surface of white leather to improve its appearance
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game