certificate of necessity
Definition of certificate of necessity
: a document issued by a certifying government agency under authority of which the internal revenue service allows deductions from taxable income for accelerated amortization of all or a part of the cost of emergency facilities
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game