certificate of participation
Definition of certificate of participation
1 : a certificate issued by some forms of investment trust evidencing a proportionate equitable interest of the holder in securities held by the issuing concern
2 : a certificate of membership in a pension plan issued by the trustee who holds the policies as issued by the insuring company
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game