certificate of participation
Definition of certificate of participation
1 : a certificate issued by some forms of investment trust evidencing a proportionate equitable interest of the holder in securities held by the issuing concern
2 : a certificate of membership in a pension plan issued by the trustee who holds the policies as issued by the insuring company
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game