car·ton pierre | \ ˈkärˌtōⁿˈpye(ə)r, -ⁿpēˈe-\
Definition of carton pierre
: a papier-mâché made to imitate stone or bronze and usually used for statuary and architectural ornaments
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?