plural card sharps or cardsharps also cardsharpers
Definition of card sharp
: a person who makes money by cheating at card games : card shark An Italian card sharp who used infra-red contact lenses to count cards marked with invisible ink has been jailed for two years.— Henry Samuel Fields folded in on himself like a cardsharp checking the aces up his sleeve …— Richard Alleva There was no evil which they would not believe of Mazarin, that he was a thief, a cardsharper, a perverted libertine …— H. A. L. Fisher also : a skilled card player … 350 big-time cardsharps convened last week for the 29th annual World Series of Poker at Binion's Horseshoe hotel and casino … — Tricia Laine and Andrew Essex
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?