Definition of captivated
: having one's interest or attention held or captured by something or someone charming, beautiful, entertaining, etc. The captivated audience oohed and aahed as colorful patterns emerged on an overhead screen …— Jean Hennelly Keith At dinner, Wayne keeps the conversation smooth, like a captivated courtier seeking Neil's mother's hand.— David Leavitt
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game