Definition of can't believe
1 —used to emphasize a statement I can't believe how ugly that dress is.
2 —used to indicate surprise, dismay, or disappointment You broke the window? I can't believe you guys! How could you do such a thing?He can't believe that terrible restaurant is still in business.She couldn't believe her good luck.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game