Definition of can't believe
1 —used to emphasize a statement I can't believe how ugly that dress is.
2 —used to indicate surprise, dismay, or disappointment You broke the window? I can't believe you guys! How could you do such a thing?He can't believe that terrible restaurant is still in business.She couldn't believe her good luck.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game