variants: or buzz-worthy
Definition of buzzworthy
: new and interesting in a way that attracts or deserves widespread talk or attention : worthy of buzz (see buzz entry 2 sense 4c) Brooks Brothers must remain comfortable and safe for older customers while becoming buzzworthy enough to entice the young.— Nelson D. Schwartz, Fortune, 7 Sept. 1998 … consider whether … he wants to waste his time on political commentary that is unlikely ever to be buzzworthy.— Michelle Cottle, New Republic, 30 Aug. 2004 As chairman of 20th Century Fox Television, Gary Newman oversees some of the most buzz-worthy TV shows on the air … — Wine Spectator, 30 June 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game