Definition of bushmeat
- Hahn's studies also alerted her to the spiraling trade in meat from wild animals, called bushmeat, which threatens chimps, gorillas, orangutans, and many other primate species with extinction.
- —Discover, December 2002
- The rarity of fish in West Africa contributes to the bushmeat trade—meaning that leopards, monkeys, hippos, and antelopes are paying the price of EU overfishing.
- —Jonathan Stein, Mother Jones, March 2006
- … an organization … which works in the Democratic Republic of Congo to protect bonobo habitats and to combat illegal trading in bush meat.
- —Ian Parker, New Yorker, 30 July 2007