bring togetherphrasal verb
brought together; bringing together; brings together
Definition of bring together
: to cause (people) to join or meet : to cause (people) to come together She and her husband were brought together by a shared love of the natural world. The conference has brought together some of the world's leading experts on laser technology. We need to bring them together to discuss their differences.
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game