bring to trialidiom
Definition of bring to trial
: to put into a situation in which evidence is presented in a court to a judge and often a jury to decide if one is guilty of a crime He was arrested but not brought to trial.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game