bring to trialidiom
Definition of bring to trial
: to put into a situation in which evidence is presented in a court to a judge and often a jury to decide if one is guilty of a crime He was arrested but not brought to trial.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game