bring back to lifeidiom
Definition of bring back to life
: to cause (someone or something that has died) to begin living again The story is about a mad scientist who tries to bring dead people back to life. —often used figuratively They're trying to bring the restaurant back to life by introducing a new menu.an old theory that is being brought back to life
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?