bring beforephrasal verb
brought before; bringing before; brings before
Definition of bring before
: to cause (someone or something) to come to (someone or something) for an official decision or judgment He was brought (up) before the judge on a charge of obstructing justice. The case was finally brought before the Supreme Court.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game