bring beforephrasal verb
brought before; bringing before; brings before
Definition of bring before
: to cause (someone or something) to come to (someone or something) for an official decision or judgment He was brought (up) before the judge on a charge of obstructing justice. The case was finally brought before the Supreme Court.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game