branch outphrasal verb
Definition of branch out
: to begin to do more different kinds of activities or work In the beginning the business was highly specialized, but it has since branched out. —often + into The company specializes in casual clothing but it is branching out into formal wear.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game