Definition of body roll
: the side-to-side leaning movement of a turning vehicle Body roll occurs as a vehicle pitches from side to side in the manner of a yacht on a troubled sea. It can be unnerving. And if the swaying motion is violent enough, it can contribute to loss of vehicle control.— Warren Brown
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game