Definition of blue-rinsed
: having white or gray hair that has been tinted blue with a rinse : blue-haired … the formidable blue-rinsed doyenne of decorating. — Vogue, September 1999 He has used aggressive pronouncements about his sexuality to offend not only the blue-rinsed portion of his musical admirers but also members of the gay community.— Elizabeth Kolbert, New Yorker, 20 Dec. 1999 He'd wink knowingly at his blue-rinsed audience, …— Richard Coles, Times Literary Supplement, 13 Oct. 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game