Definition of bird's-foot trefoil
: a yellow-flowered European herb (Lotus corniculatus) of the legume family that has claw-shaped pods and is widely grown for forage and for erosion control
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game