Definition of biogeoscience
: an interdisciplinary field of study integrating geoscience and biological science : the study of the interaction of biological and geological processes Over the past decade, interest in the biogeosciences has expanded at a remarkable rate. This approach to the study of the Earth is by its very nature interdisciplinary and requires an enormous wealth of knowledge.— Neil S. Suits, Eos, 30 Jan. 2001
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game