Definition of bifurcated
: divided into two branches or parts This near-earth asteroid appears as a bifurcated structure, consisting of two distinct lobes that seem to be in contact.— Richard P. Binzel et al. The town is a bifurcated community—two distinct communities in one, really.— Dennis Farney … the strange bifurcated world of whiteness and blackness in which I was born and reared.— William Styron
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game