variants: or less commonly bi bim bap
Definition of bibimbap
: a Korean dish of rice with cooked vegetables, usually meat, and often a raw or fried egg In Korea, some foods trickled down from the Imperial palace and others have humbler origins. Bibimbap seems to be somewhere in the middle—a dish thought to have been introduced to Korean monarchy by the court of China, but also served to farmers in their fields.— Debra Samuels
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game