Definition of bibingka
: a Philippine cake that is made with rice flour, water, and sometimes other ingredients (such as butter, sugar, cheese, or coconut) and that is traditionally cooked between banana leaves Mrs. Garcia is cutting slices of bibingka for herself and for her cousin. Then she remembers Jose and cuts a piece for him, since it is his favorite sweet.— Sabina Murray, The Caprices, 2007 also : a similar cake made with cassava flour … coffee and sweet-savory cassava cakes topped with cheese and butter, called bibingka … — Robyn Eckhardt, Saveur, December 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game