Definition of beyond doubt
: without question : definitely The test results proved beyond (all/any) doubt that he was not the child's father. If she is to be found guilty, the charges against her must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that everything was going to be okay.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game