Definition of better-to-do
(Entry 1 of 2)
: in prosperous economic circumstances : better off many of the better-to-do urban Frenchmen acquire homes in the country— S. K. Padover
Definition of better-to-do (Entry 2 of 2)
: one who is better-to-do the better-to-do on whom the burden of the expense of the liberal program had fallen— C. L. Jones
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game