Definition of best-off
- It's more than embarrassing for the senior U.S. senator from one of the poorest states to sponsor legislation that will assist a handful of the best-off families on earth.
- —Pat Lynch, The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 8 June 2009
- The best-off people take the voluntary accounts, and the low-income people don't.
- —Tom Blackburn, The Palm Beach Post (Florida), 31 Jan. 2005
- The next best-off group … averaged 2 cents more income in 2004 for each dollar they earned in 1979.
- —David Cay Johnston, The New York Times, 28 Nov. 2006