plural best friends
Definition of best friend
1 : a person's closest and dearest friend She's my best friend. We have been best friends since high school.
2 : a person's most desirable or valuable possession or resource Diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but gold is more affordable.— William Giese Lycra-cotton leggings and tunic tops are the pregnant woman's best friend, sartorially speaking.— Anne Reeks When cops bang on the door, the toilet is a drug dealer's best friend.— Frederick Kaufman — see also man's best friend
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game