be·span·gle | \ bi-ˈspaŋ-gəl, bē-\
Definition of bespangle
: to adorn with spangles : dot or sprinkle with brillantly sparkling or glittering objects the grass … is all bespangled with dewdrops— William Cowper
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?