Definition of bennie
- There's one more tax bennie for a regular IRA. When paid to an individual, it's taxed. When received by a charity, it isn't.
- —Jane Bryant Quinn, Newsweek, 31 May 1999
- I was 55, teaching English for $12 an hour, and there were no bennies by way of pension or health insurance or sick leave or paid vacations, and my question, which I addressed to Tony, was: “Is this a job for losers?”
- —Jack Spiegelman, Los Angeles Times, 20 Aug. 2000
- … made no progress on opening the Chinese market to ease our $200-plus billion trade deficit, a would-be bennie to our still-stumbling economy.
- —Peter Brookes, Boston Herald, 22 Jan. 2010