Ben·ning·ton | \ ˈbe-niŋ-tən\
variants: or Bennington ware or less commonly Bennington pottery
Definition of Bennington
: ceramic ware including earthenware, stoneware, and Parian ware produced at Bennington, Vermont especially : earthenware with brown or mottled glaze
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game