bee·sting | \ ˈbē-ˌstiŋ \
Definition of beesting
1 : the burning itching swollen lesion produced by the stinging of a bee
2 or bee's sting : the modified ovipositor of a bee that is typically associated with a venom gland and that serves as the bee's chief weapon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game