bee·sting | \ ˈbē-ˌstiŋ\
Definition of beesting
1 : the burning itching swollen lesion produced by the stinging of a bee
2 or bee's sting : the modified ovipositor of a bee that is typically associated with a venom gland and that serves as the bee's chief weapon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game